This first week of August promises to be scorching in Vaucluse and Bouches du Rhône *. If you're vacationing in the area here are the best places to stay (relatively) cool and have fun!
At the water's edge :
- Étang de la bonde: beautiful swimmable pond with beach (fishing possible with card). Free access.
- the Cadenet lake: located at the Val de Durance campsite, this swimmable body of water has a fitted out beach, as well as a fishing area. Paid access for people outside the campsite (adults € 6, children € 3)
- Étang de Cucuron: ornamental pond in the middle of the village, in the shade of superb plane trees.
- l'Aiguebrun in Buoux: small but rustic, parking on the left after the bridge, just before that of the fort. Possibility of hiking in the afternoon in a period of "very severe" fire risk (only closed in "exceptional risk")
- the 7 lakes (Beaumont de Pertuis)
- the source of Mirail (La Motte d'Aigues)
- the Sorgue: always fresh (12 to 14 °), this pretty river emerges from the chasm of Fontaine de Vaucluse. Possibility of canoeing between Fontaine and Isle sur la Sorgue. The watershed area is particularly pleasant.
- Waveisland: new aquatic park near Monteux
- Monteux lake: free leisure center, rental of pedal boats, electric boats, canoes and paddles.
- Lac des Salettes in Mormoiron (10 km from Carpentras): supervised beach in summer, free access, dogs prohibited + tree climbing possible on site
- Nautical ski lift near Pertuis (TNX in Peyrolles)
- the Toulourenc gorges: located in the north of the Vaucluse, they are famous for pretty swimming spots in fresh water coming from the Ventoux.
- the blue coast: less than an hour away you can also reach the blue coast with its small creeks (Méjean, salt water ...) and some pretty beaches (Le Rouet, Sausset ...)
- Aquatic leisure park: located 38 minutes from the Oustaou du Luberon gites. A park with inflatable games, paddle, kayak, etc. ...
Some people also bathe in the Durance, but be aware that it is forbidden because it is dangerous (currents, water releases from the Mallemort dam ...). It is however possible to canoe kayak in Lauris.
more info, beaches around Marseille
Vous recherchez :A vacation home ~ A cottage ~ A charming cottage ~ A large cottage ~ Cottages rental ~ A village of cottages ~ A resort ~ A vacation rental
A proximité :Ansouis ~ Lourmarin ~ Roussillon (Luberon) ~ Cucuron ~ Provence ~ Vaucluse (84) ~ Luberon